Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rosacea Light Therapy

Rosacea is a skin condition in which blood vessels in the face become inflamed. Symptoms include redness of the face, development of small acne-like bumps on the face, face dryness and irritation, a burning sensation in the eyes and a red nose. According to MayoClinic.com, rosacea is a progressive condition, meaning it will grow worse if left untreated. While its precise cause is unknown, several things can aggravate the condition, such as spicy foods, alcohol, sun exposure, stress, embarrassment, anger, strenuous exercise and some medications such as corticosteroids.

Laser Treatments

    According to SkinCarePhysicans.com, lasers have been used to treat rosacea since the mid-1980s. A laser beam is an intensified beam of light (the word laser actually began as an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). There are a variety of different laser treatments available for rosacea, all of which typically require one to three sessions of therapy at four- to eight-week intervals, as well as follow-up sessions. The most common laser treatment for rosacea is pulsed dye laser (PDL) treatment. According SkinCarePhysicians.com, studies have shown that PDL treatment can reduce redness caused by rosacea by up to 60 percent and also can reduce dryness, sensitivity, bruising, itching and flushing. While PDL treatment is perhaps the most effective form of laser treatment, this effectiveness comes at a price. According to SkinCarePhysicians.com, PDL treatment almost always produces temporary bruising. There are softer laser treatments available, such as the diode laser, KTP laser and the Nd:YAG laser treatments; however, they are less effective in reducing redness. For removing rhinophyma (a thickening of nose skin caused by long-term rosacea), Erbium:YAG laser and CO2 laser treatments produce the best results.

Intense Pulsed Light Therapy

    Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy is a relatively modern technique that uses a non-laser light source for removing symptoms of rosacea. According to SkinCarePhysicians.com, the first IPL device was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1995. IPL therapy typically requires one to five sessions, as well as follow-up sessions. SkinCarePhysicians.com reports that the treatment can help reduce flushing, breakouts and redness and also can help make dilated blood vessels in the face disappear. However, because the procedure is relatively new, it is important to find a fully qualified professional to perform IPL therapy.

Warning

    Patients with blood clotting disorders, a predisposition toward keloid scarring or diabetes should talk with a physician before receiving laser or IPL treatments, SkinCarePhysicians.com warns. These conditions could negatively affect the healing process, resulting in scarring. Also, most health plans do not cover laser or IPL treatments, which can cost between $300 and $600 per session.

1 comment:

  1. I can’t believe that my ROSACEA is really cured. by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday on my face. but am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have done this on my own. I was searching the internet about this sickness when I found about Dr Aba, the man that kept his words. I wrote Dr Aba email about my problem, immediately I got a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him, after some minutes he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he has gotten the things needed for the preparation of the herbal medication that will cure my ROSACEA. After he finish preparing the medication, he send it to me and also gave me instructions on how i will be taking the medication. I did exactly as instructed and behold, after 2Weeks my ROSACEA got cured. I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him, am very happy now with my family. you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com OR whatsApp his mobil number: +2348107155060. Sir I'm indeed grateful for the help

    ReplyDelete