Monday, June 12, 2017

How to Make a Stress Controlling Tea

Sometimes, when I'm under stress and much busier than usual and my mind gets flooded with a to-do list-I can write down the tasks I need to accomplish and then I feel better. But other times, I actually need something extra. On days like these I make a tea blend that is designed to help give me a gentle amount of energy (but not in a caffeinated way) while calming down my nervous system. Here is how to prepare this special blend-for when you, too-are experiencing these same kinds of days.

* Note: it is assumed that all the herbs in this blend will be dried.

Instructions

    1

    Shop for the highest quality herbs that you can find. Look for an organic or wildcrafted source that is also known for its quality. I like Mountain Rose Herbs (see link in Resources below).

    2

    Add all the herbs to a small mixing bowl and stir gently. Be careful not to press down on the herbs; handle them gently. Your goal is to stir without crushing them.

    3

    Transfer the herbs to a storage container. Use an airtight glass jar (preferably amber colored to also prevent light from coming through) or you can use a zippered plastic bag or plastic container. Make sure to store the herbs away from heat and light.

    4

    To brew a cup of the tea, use 1 teaspoon of the blend for each cup of boiling water and steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the herb once it's done steeping. You may sweeten it with honey or stevia. Try to avoid sugar because it isn't good for you and could affect your natural energy level by causing a "sugar crash."

No comments:

Post a Comment